- ÍtemEmbargoVisión endodóntica del rompimiento apical transitorio: revisión de la literatura(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2021) Soto Carrión , Miguel Sebastián; Cedillo Orellana, Sara Ivanna; 1105777757Transient apical breakdown is a pathology characterized by generating a variation to a grayish tone in the clinical crown of the tooth and a negative response to thermal stimuli, which can cause confusion with more severe pulp lesions such as pulp necrosis or irreversible asymptomatic pulpitis but with a big difference, since transient apical breakdown tends to regenerate automatically in a certain amount of time; this can occur as a result of excessive use of orthodontic forces or suffering from traumatic injuries. The objective of this research is to identify everything that is and involves the transient apical rupture and how this develops from the endodontic point of view by determining the factors that contribute to the formation of transient apical rupture in the teeth and how this condition can be prevented and solved from an endodontic point of view.
- ÍtemEmbargoImplementos de higiene oral utilizados en niños de 0 a 3 años de edad en la parroquia Yanuncay. Cuenca-Ecuador.(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2024) Caraguay Riofrio, Tania Elizabeth; Calle Prado, María Daniela; 1104223258Health promotion, implementations, and instruments used during oral hygiene, as well as beliefs, nutrition, and knowledge of caregivers, are determining factors for the onset of caries and oral diseases at an early age in preschool children. Objective: To identify which oral hygiene implements are used by caregivers of infants aged 0 to 3 years in the Yanuncay Parish, Cuenca-Ecuador. Materials and Methods: The sample size was calculated using the OpenEpi program, which obtained a sample of 215 children. The survey directed to parents was the instrument employed for this project, which underwent validation through the statistical test of Aiken's V. Once the data were obtained, charts were constructed with the results in Microsoft Excel 2021, and finally, statistical significance was calculated using Stata software version 8.0. Results: The most commonly used oral hygiene implements in the Yanuncay Parish, Cuenca-Ecuador, are represented by toothpaste and a toothbrush. Conclusions: Although most caregivers use a toothbrush and toothpaste, the one utilized for infants does not contain fluoride, which is problematic as they are not receiving the preventive effect for caries, which can lead to the development of this pathology at an early age.
- ÍtemEmbargoEvaluación del estatus del tejido pulpar post tratamiento oncológico.(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2022) Chicaiza Ayala, Klever Paul; León Castro, Priscila Alexandra; 0104907878The WHO lists cancer as one of the main problems worldwide, patients undergoing oncological therapy are more vulnerable to developing complications in the tissues of the oral cavity among which we have: mucositis, infections, osteoradionecrosis. In endodontic management, it should be taken into consideration that treatments such as iodine therapy, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy can generate effects on the dentin-pulp complex. This article aims to determine the status of the pulp tissue after oncologic treatment. Through a systematic review in databases of great scientific relevance, such as PubMed, Scielo, Medigrafhic, Science direct. It is concluded that the stomatognathic system is an important receptor of these effects and sequelae in patients with oncological therapy, the pulp tissue is not free of these sequelae as it generates cellular damage because of the hypo vascularity, hypocellularity, and hypoxia which increases the risk of necrosis of the region.
- ÍtemEmbargoProtocolo de cementación de cerámicas vítreas y no vítreas: revisión sistemática(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2021) Pintado Mora, Lourdes Maribel; Cuesta Nieto , Esteban Paúl; 0150080711Currently, the use of ceramics for esthetic dental treatments has been increasing due to their excellent optical properties, translucency, high mechanical and esthetic properties, and biocompatibility. Objective: To theoretically substantiate the cementation protocol of vitreous and non-vitreous ceramics to ensure and generate a reliable bonding of restorations to dental substrates and improve the longevity of restorations. Materials and methods: The systematic search was carried out in the PubMed, Scielo, and ResearchGate databases, taking into account publications from 2013-2021 and that was a research that had relevant information on dental ceramic cementation protocols, as well as methods of conditioning dental ceramics. Results: 35 articles that met the bibliographic research selection criteria were reviewed, of which 12 articles were used exclusively within the introduction and 23 articles were analyzed and information was extracted only from dental ceramic cementation protocols. Conclusions: The most common and effective treatment for vitreous or acid-sensitive ceramics is etching with hydrofluoric acid which creates an irregular surface with micro-retentions and is followed by a coupling agent (silane). Polycrystalline ceramics cannot be etched with hydrofluoric acid to create internal retentions, so the most commonly used protocol is sandblasting with aluminum oxide particles, primer, and self- adhesive cement.
- ÍtemEmbargoPeriodontitis en pacientes con covid-19. Revisión de la literatura(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2021) Obando Paute, Diana Carolina; Perez Mora, Andrea Paola; 0704560358Introduction: Covid-19 is an infectious disease in the family of Coronaviridae, which causes severe acute respiratory syndrome manifesting between day 2 and 14 after exposure, common symptoms of this virus are fatigue, cough, and fever. Periodontitis is an inflammatory disease that alters the protective and insertion tissues of the tooth. The pathogenic mechanism of Covid- 19 is to release high amounts of proinflammatory cytokines just as periodontal disease releases anti-inflammatory mechanisms, which leads to the existence of a relationship between periodontitis and Covid-19. Objective: To analyze the literature on periodontitis in patients with Covid-19. Results: The literature review highlights that the relationship that exists between periodontitis and Covid-19 is bidirectional, on the one hand, not treating periodontitis gives a negative response in the immune system, and can contribute to the progression or aggravation of periodontitis. Conclusions: In this bibliographic research it has been evidenced that periodontitis is associated with an increased risk of SARS-CoV-2 complications, worsening the development of periodontitis.