- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoProyectos arquitectónicos y maquetería: guía para modelos tridimensionales(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Calle Muñoz, José Mesías; Quezada Ortega, Jaime Ramiro; 0302891718I In this degree work, a modeling manual oriented to the Catholic University of Cuenca students is proposed. For its realization, different analyses have been conducted: a theoretical review of existing materials in the environment, video interviews with recognized modelers, surveys to students of different levels and teachers of different subjects, experimentation, and search for information on the technical characteristics of the materials in terms of compression, tension, and bending. This study determines the main problems students have in creating miniatures. The model-making manual is elaborated based on strategies expressing different construction techniques. Finally, three models were executed using architectural, topographic, and landscape techniques. It is evidenced that quality models can be made with the proper knowledge.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoDiseño de prototipo de revestimiento de cartón reciclado para tabiques interiores(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Maldonado Hurtado, Juan Pablo; Quesada Molina, Juan Felipe; 0105384366This research aimed to develop a cladding panel suitable for use in housing, and tests were conducted on various materials such as cardboard, resin, and fiber. Evaluations of flexion, compression, water absorption, and density were performed on these materials. The results indicated that the golden resin and wood shavings demonstrated superior performance in terms of flexion and compression, respectively. Additionally, it was observed that the gold resin had the lowest water absorption rate, while the liquefied cardboard proved to be the lightest material in terms of density. These two alternatives were chosen for manufacturing the cladding panel, with the golden resin considered ideal for social areas and the colored cardboard as a suitable option for private spaces. Realistic representations were generated to illustrate how this material would look in the intended areas. Furthermore, a comparative cost analysis was conducted to assess the panel's competitiveness in the construction market.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoNeuroarquitectura como estrategia para el TDAH –caso Cuenca-Ecuador(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Alvarez Castillo, María Leonor; Carpio Falconí , Valeria Salomé; Torres Quezada, Jefferson Eloy; 0107595589; 0107133993Therapy centers for children with behavioral problems are usually treated by specialists in offices with general spatial characteristics without a design focused on the patients' needs for the progress during this type of treatment. The project consists of developing a center for the diagnosis and treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children up to 12 years of age, including spaces for offices and cognitive, neurological, and social therapy areas with spatial and lighting conditioning, along with a proposal of materiality and colors, formality and functionality that can stimulate and create a positive impact and progress in patients who attend the center, raising awareness in the city of Cuenca about the benefits of adapting study and work spaces for people who suffer from this disorder in their early age, and for those who were not diagnosed early, but suffer the ravages in their adult life. The proposed architectural designs will provide solutions that meet the needs of social development and children's health, using features of neuro-architecture that can stimulate the release of attitudes and behaviors in the environment, permitting the analysis of the behavior of patients undergoing treatment.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoAnálisis crítico de los procesos de intervención arquitectónico en el Centro Histórico de Cuenca entre los años 2020 y 2023(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Morales García, María Laura; Aguirre Ullauri, María del Cisne; 0105850689The city of Cuenca is considered the third most important city in Ecuador, and in 1999, its Historic Center was declared a Cultural Heritage of Humanity. These characteristics are evidenced thanks to conserving the patrimonial heritage associated with its urban image. For this reason, it is crucial to know the criteria and procedures for intervention in recognized and publicly awarded heritage assets through the "Fray José María Vargas" award, the city's highest distinction for intervention works and new works in historic and heritage areas. Building on this background, the present degree work is developed based on an analytical and synthetic methodology, which enables the decomposition of essential information concerning the subject of study. The intervention criteria of the buildings awarded by the municipal administration between 2020 and 2023 are analyzed, which are directly related to theories, types, values, and international documentation previously studied, allowing the creation of a synthesis of information from the guiding ideas obtained through the data collection; a multi-criteria, critical, and comparative analysis is conducted. In this way, the new qualification guidelines for the "Fray José María Vargas" award are established, using the evaluation criteria previously specified by the General Directorate of Historic Areas.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoCaracterización físico – mecánica de la madera aserrada Pinus radiata comercializada en Cuenca(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Cada Cajas, Wilson Hernán; Neira Banegas, Guillermo Santiago; Quesada Molina, Juan Felipe; 0104682497; 0107621591The following document details the current situation of the timber industry within the construction sector and describes how it has been relegated to a merely decorative material. Later, a short description of the Pinus radiata species, which is the subject of study in this document, is provided. Following that, the standard that regulates wood construction in the country and the regulations of international entities are presented. This situation leads to a clearer understanding of the issues related to these regulations. Once the importance of wood characterization by species is established, bibliographic documentation is applied to perform tests of compression parallel to the grain, static bending, and traction parallel to the thread to obtain an updated physical-mechanical characterization within the context in Cuenca. In this way, differences are established between the results obtained and those provided by the NEC (Ecuadorian Construction Standard by its Spanish acronym). Finally, with the data obtained, a pre-dimensioning abacus is determined that applies the allowable stresses method and is represented in a digital tool. This is used in the design of columns and beams of mezzanine floors and roofs in an example of a single-family house.