- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoLos derechos de autor en el contexto de la era digital. La necesidad de protección de los NFT en la legislación ecuatoriana(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Tenezaca Martínez, Cristopher Ariel; Moreno Martínez, Jaime Arturo; 0350308078This research forms part of the law field; the study aims to analyze copyright in the digital era context, considering the need for the protection of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) in Ecuadorian legislation through an exhaustive review of the legal framework related to copyright as well as NFTs, which have emerged as an innovative solution in protecting copyright in the digital area. There is no ordinance in Ecuador concerning copyright, but the study highlights the regulation of non-fungible tokens in the Constitution of the Republic of Ecuador in 2008 and the Organic Law Reforming to Various Laws for the Development, Regulation, and Control of Financial Services (2022). Among the study's main conclusions is the copyright protection that encompasses all works of ingenuity and creativity, both in the literary and artistic fields, regardless of genre, form of expression, merit, or purpose. Copyright in the digital age context poses unique challenges and opportunities due to the ease of reproduction and distribution of digital content. Most NFTs follow specific intelligent contract standards. It is relevant that the prevention of the risk of transactions made using NFT technologies is noted in the Ecuadorian legislation.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoLa incidencia de la reparación económica en las sentencias de acción de protección en el cantón Azogues durante el año 2022(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Vicuña González, Flavio Aníbal; Peñafiel Maldonado, Ramón Esteban; Vázquez Maldonado, Ramón Esteban; 0302183082; 0302192919This research analyzed the economic reparation regarding protective action judgments in 2022 in Azogues canton. This research employed a non-experimental, descriptive, and cross-sectional methodology; mixed (quantitative-qualitative) approach was used, incorporating the dogmatic, deductive-inductive, and analytical-synthetic methods, and documentary review techniques in the Ecuadorian Automatic Judicial Process System (E-SATJE by its Spanish acronym) of the protective action processes presented in Azogues canton in 2022, and the bibliographic review. The results reveal the impact of economic compensation in protective actions in Azogues canton and highlight its ineffectiveness. Additionally, it is imperative for entities and individuals involved in constitutional justice administration, directly and indirectly, to respect, implement, and comply with constitutional principles and the judgments derived from them.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoObesidad en el embarazo(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Calle Cadme, Nube Belén; Izquierdo Coronel, Diana Carolina; 0302874276Background: Obesity is a significant health concern, especially during pregnancy; in 2016, it was established as the second principal cause of death in Latin America, with a worldwide prevalence of 5-10% of annual pregnancies. It is associated with chronic metabolic pathologies since they are a risk to health due to hormonal, anatomical, and physiological changes. Objective: To define the theoretical framework of obesity in maternity. Methods: An integrative literature review will use a qualitative approach with a descriptive link and non-experimental design. Results: Obesity is a chronic condition characterized by weight gain leading to health comorbidities; therefore, it is identified as a risk factor in pregnancy, with the highest prevalence in the Coastal region of Ecuador at 52.61 %. Conclusions: Obesity during pregnancy involves hormonal changes, adipokine production, and inflammation markers produced and secreted by adipose tissue, leading to various health risks. These risks include obstetric complications for the mother and the fetus during childbirth.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoSemiología de la radiografía de tórax para el diagnóstico de neumonía(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Zhapa Bravo, Kelly Ailenn; Crespo Regalado, Víctor Miguel; 1105855371This study includes the description of basic concepts related to the topic and compiles the findings generated by a chest x-ray for the diagnosis of pneumonia. It details the incidence of the disease above, as well as the predominant etiological agents, and also presents information on the radiological signs or patterns seen on a chest X-ray, such as lobar pneumonia, multilobar bronchopneumonia, and interstitial pneumonia, present in the most frequent cases of pneumonia, including community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia, and aspiration pneumonia and their possible complications. The attached images facilitate the interpretation of the severity of the disease. The work also presents the opinion of renowned authors Saldías et al., Sáez de Gordoa et al., and Cemeli et al., in their studies on the “radiographic characteristics of community-acquired pneumonia in the immunocompetent adult hospitalized according to the agent causality,” the “usefulness of chest x-ray for the detection of COVID-19 pneumonia during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic” and the “clinical and evolutionary characteristics of community-acquired pneumonia in hospital patients,” respectively, concluding that, although chest radiography is a valuable tool in the diagnosis of pneumonia, there may be cases in which the radiological findings are inconclusive, especially in the early stages of the disease.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoLa eficacia de la tercera causal de divorcio referente la falta de armonía en el hogar por parte de las dos voluntades, un estudio desde Ecuador(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Mogrovejo Flores, Alex Paúl; Jumbo Sarmiento, Bryan Fernando; Zamora Vázquez, Ana; 0350090148; 0302001581This article starts with the doctrinal and historical study of divorce and the different elements of this legal institution, recognized and regulated in the Ecuadorian legislation. It focuses mainly on contentious divorce based on the third ground and the difficulties that this causes at the time of professional practice. The following objectives were established to deepen the study of this ground of divorce: to justify the legal situation of regulating the third ground of Art. 110, to analyze the judicial processes and to determine the degree of efficacy of the ground. Considering the qualitative nature of the research, the methods used were bibliographic review of academic and legal documents, case analysis, and semi-structured interviews with judges and lawyers in independent practice. This allowed us to determine that the cause in question is one of the least used, not because there is no disharmony within the marital life but because of the difficulties it entails at the time of professional practice, mainly due to the evidentiary means requested. The ground is ineffective since it does not fully comply with its objective of terminating the marital relationship.