- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoEvaluación de costos de diferentes alternativas de mantenimiento vial en la ciudad de Cuenca zona urbana(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2024) Auquilla Yunga, Sandra Jacqueline; Orellana Quiridumbay, Mirian Johanna; Delgado Garzón, Paola Verónica; 0106656333; 0105585111This graduation thesis aims to assess expenses related to road maintenance, considering different types of pavements (flexible, rigid, and articulated) to calculate the budget for a road project in the urban area of the city of Cuenca. The methodology follows a traditional approach, addressing problem formulation, data analysis, and designing a tool based on Unit Price Analysis (UPA) using Python and other technologies, conducting tests for program verification, and finally implementing it to obtain results. Information will be gathered from reliable bibliographic sources and competent entities in the road sector, such as the Prefecture of Azuay, the Decentralized Autonomous Government of Cuenca Canton, and the Ministry of Transportation and Public Works. The developed software will be verified and validated by calculating road maintenance expenses per project, considering different pavements and deficiencies identified in the study area. The goal is to optimize resource allocation for Decentralized Autonomous Governments (GADs by its Spanish acronym), reducing the time required for calculation through unit price analysis. It aims to simulate existing programs with the advantage of being freely accessible. The results will reveal the program's efficiency, providing a valuable tool and establishing a solid foundation for improving the sustainability of the urban road network in Cuenca.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoEvaluación de la salud estructural de las pilas del puente peatonal de Nulti(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2024) Iñamagua Cuenca, Carlos Andrés; Maldonado Noboa, Juan Sebastián; 1900753227The research on the assessment of the structural health of the piles of the Nulti Pedestrian Bridge highlights their importance for the safety and stability of the structure. Various non-destructive tests, such as Topography, Ultrasonic Testing, Iron Scanner, Ambient Vibration, and Schmidt Hammer Testing, were conducted to detect possible damage. The results revealed that the concrete structures, specifically the piles, exhibited displacements but were functional despite the time elapsed since their construction and the impact of a heavy-duty vehicle. The SAP software was employed to model the piles with their current characteristics for a more detailed analysis. Analyses such as Modal-Spectral, Time-History, and Static Nonlinear Analysis (Pushover) were performed, enabling the assessment of the piles under maximum capacity, identification of possible future failures, and solutions proposal to strengthen their structural resistance. In addition to the mentioned tests and analyses, visual inspections were conducted, and a preventive and corrective maintenance plan was developed to ensure that the piles remain functional in the long term.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoComportamiento físico y mecánico de elementos expuestos al fuego: mampostería +enlucido (paneles de ladrillo)(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2024) Galarza Lituma, Carlos David; Molina Campoverde, Emmanuel Esteban; Cordero Cabrera, Carlos Julio; 0106888027; 0104931399This research analyzed the physical and mechanical behavior of brick panels with plaster exposed to fire conditions (simulated in an oven manufactured in Ricaurte in the laboratories of the University). Specifically, it was tested how exposure to high temperatures for periods of 5, 10, and 15 minutes affects the structural performance of the panels. Compression and flexural tests were also conducted on panels in two variations: - Plaster on both sides (Both faces of the panel) and - The plaster is on only one side (One-panel face). The results show changes in the panels' strength and load-carrying capacity after fire exposure. The most significant aspect of the tests is that the adhesion between brick and plaster is lost as the time in the oven increases, meaning that the mortar mostly suffers from a decrease in its resistance during the tests. However, it is emphasized that plaster is of utmost importance to protect the joints between bricks, preventing collapse due to heat. In all cases, the panel's performance depends on the masonry's properties and the plaster's additional protection. This study highlights the importance of considering the effect of fire on structural design, safe construction with masonry, and considering construction processes after design. The results provide relevant evidence on the behavior of this type of construction element under simulated fire conditions.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoEvaluación de la socavación en el puente ubicado en la calle Eloy Alfaro del río Gualaquiza(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2024) Lituma Viñan, Adrian Fabricio; Ochoa García , Santiago Aurelio; 1400470728This degree work focuses on evaluating the bridge scour in the Gualaquiza River. The morphology of the basin, bathymetric topographic survey, granulometric analysis, and survey of the bridge geometry were evaluated to analyze and calculate the response to maximum flood events and to understand the hydraulic hydrological phenomena present in the study area. The Number Curve method, Meteorological, and Hydrological information from Gualaquiza (M189), its statistics, and peak flows for the 50 and 100 years return periods were determined using ArcGIS software, Copernicus, and OpenLandMap satellite servers. The recommended peak flows of 84.9 m3/s and 117.1 m3/s were obtained using the HEC-HMS software based on the characteristics of the basin, respectively. By applying the HEC-RAS software, the peak flows, velocity, and Froud number were obtained for the different return periods. Scour was calculated by applying empirical formulas correlated with the parameters applied to average the results. For the general scour, an average of 1.11 m was obtained; the results of local scour in the intermediate pile are 3.01 m, and the scour in the right abutment is 3.14 m for a return period of 100 years. According to the information and calculations performed, it has been determined that there is local scour, and it is necessary to reinforce the foundation with gabion or rockfill walls at a height of 1.50 m to preserve the integrity and functionality of the bridge.
- ÍtemEmbargoComportamiento físico y mecánico de elementos expuestos al fuego: Paneles con plástico recliclado (PET)(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Quito Chabla, Marcelo Antonio; Meneses Heras, Adixon Jordano; Cordero Cabrera, Carlos Julio; 0104193560; 1400862064