- ÍtemSolo MetadatosFactores sociales que provocan la mendicidad en niños, niñas y adolescentes en la ciudad de Cuenca – Ecuador.(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Paladines Coello, Giovanna Jamileth; Quichimbo Sapatanga, Martha Isabel; Tapia Segarra, Jenny; 0706151214; 0106015621Introduction. Begging is a social problem that is directly linked to inequality and poverty. It becomes a factor of social inequality when it is considered that it arises based on the lack of socioeconomic resources within a family. The situation of begging among children and adolescents is based on problems such as: human mobility and scarce labor opportunities. The objective of this research is to identify the social factors that cause begging among children and adolescents in the Fundación Ciudadanos en Acción in the city of Cuenca. Methodology. A descriptive quantitative methodology was used to meet the objective and its design was non-experimental. Results. The results obtained show that social factors, especially the scarce job opportunities, have a significant impact on the family structure, thus generating begging activities. Conclusion. The conclusions indicate that both human mobility and employment opportunities constitute causes of child begging, since children and adolescents feel the need to support their families by using this means to obtain money and food. It is therefore recommended that comprehensive strategies be developed to promote decent employment, access to education and social protection, providing children and their parents with an opportunity for a more secure and prosperous future.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoFactores que inciden en la inserción laboral de ciudadanos/as venezolanos en la fundación "Haciendo panas" Cuenca-Ecuador(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Andrade Chacho, Jermany Cristina; Cárdenas Lata, Bertha Janneth; 0107471765Venezuela has been facing a political, economic, and social crisis, along with uncontrolled inflation resulting in insecurity and a scarcity of job opportunities. This, in turn, triggered the migration of Venezuelans and their integration into the labor market in Ecuador. These are highly relevant issues today due to the significant flow of migrants who have arrived in Ecuador in search of better opportunities and to improve their living conditions; for this reason, this research work aimed to analyze the factors that affect the labor insertion of Venezuelan citizens. They come to the Foundation "Haciendo Panas," in Cuenca, Ecuador. Using the bibliography on the incidence of Venezuelan migrants in the labor market, an instrument was designed to understand these factors and achieve significant learning aligned with the stated objectives. The methodology used was qualitative with a descriptive scope; the deductive method was also used with scientific databases. Life history techniques were applied to six Venezuelan migrants and semi-structured interviews were conducted with three officials from the institution from April to August 2023. The results of this study revealed that migratory status and challenges in the visa acquisition process are obstacles to the labor insertion of Venezuelan migrants in Ecuador, leading to precarious working conditions and labor exploitation that also violates the rights to social security, in a way, that also violates the right to social security.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoFactores que influeyeron en la educación durante la pandemia en la Unidad Educativa Fiscomisional Alicia Loza Meneses, Cuenca, Ecuador(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Díaz Coronel, Angélica Johanna; Piña Cabanilla, Diana Steffania; Cañizares Medina, Andrés Ernesto; 0106474067; 0941163107Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, educational processes at all levels were considerably affected, so several educational institutions proposed a series of modifications and alternatives to overcome the difficulties determined by the teaching-learning process. As a result of this problem, it was frequently pointed out that numerous factors made it difficult to establish adequate education in this context. Based on this situation, the objective of this work was to determine the factors that influenced education during the pandemic, specifically in the “Alicia Loza Meneses” School in Cuenca, Ecuador. A quantitative study was carried out with a transversal approach to achieve this objective. Data were collected in a sample of 220 students, applying a survey based on the contributions of previous studies. As the results of this work, it can be noted that 1) the problems of the wireless Internet network did affect the teaching-learning process during the pandemic virtual education, 2) teachers’ training was not ideal, and 3) a significant percentage of them indicated a medium level of difficulty in using technological tools. From these results, it is established that students need in-person tutoring from the teacher. It was also evident that not all of the teaching population was capable of technological management, and were not provided with adequate training in teaching methodology.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoSobrecarga del cuidador con pacientes paliativos en la fundación al servicio del enfermo de cáncer Lola Farfán de Palacios “Fasec” Cuenca-Ecuador(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2023) Cuzco Arpi, Veronica Andrea; Sari Aguilar, Lourdes Maribel; Fernández Aucapiña, Nancy Yolanda; 0105345060; 0104497805In recent years, there have been intense debates about the decisive factors impacting the well-being of palliative caregivers since their role involves emotional, physical, economic, and social strain, with notable repercussions on the caregiver’s quality of life, the family, and their immediate environment. Therefore, this research aimed to determine the factors influencing palliative patient caregivers. The methodology used was quantitative, descriptive in scope, and cross-sectional. Data were collected through surveys, and subsequently, the information was processed using the PSPP statistical software. It was observed that the stress presented by the caregiver is related to caregiving; it is also linked to the dependency level, economic sufficiency, and the affective bond shared with the patient. In conclusion, it is fundamental to understand the incident factors to promote the caregiver's health and emotional balance. It was identified that social support from formal and informal networks or programs is necessary for enhancing the caregiver's quality of life.
- ÍtemAcceso AbiertoImpacto de las enfermedades oncológicas en el entorno familiar de pacientes que acuden al centro de apoyo integral para pacientes con cáncer y la fundación FASEC de la ciudad de Cuenca, una visión desde el modelo sistémico(Universidad Católica de Cuenca., 2019) Quiroga Uzhca, Sandra Elizabeth; Urgilés, Sandra; 0104464540Oncological diseases afflict all people without distinction, every day the number of people who die from this disease increases worldwide, the patient goes through drastic changes at a personal, family and social level. This research was developed with the objective of determining the impact of oncological diseases on the family environment of patients who come to the Comprehensive Support Center for Cancer Patients and the Foundation for the Service of Patients with Cancer, FASEC, in the city of Cuenca.