• Universidad Católica de Cuenca

    Repositorio Institucional

  • Repositorio Institucional

    Tesis, Trabajos de Investigación, Tesinas, Monografías

  • Red de Bibliotecas

    Universidad Católica de Cuenca


Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://dspace.ucacue.edu.ec/handle/reducacue/7707
Title: Relación entre el nivel de Instrucción y la Negligencia al cuidado dental en pacientes de 45 a 65 años, de la parroquia San Sebastián de la ciudad de Cuenca, 2017
Authors: Chalán Guamán Elvia Narcisa
???metadata.dc.contributor.advisor???: Matute Bueno Sebastián Od. Esp
Keywords: NEGLIGENCIA
COMPORTAMIENTO
ENFERMEDADES DENTALES
SALUD ORAL
Issue Date: Feb-2018
Abstract: 
OBJECTIVE: Study the relationship between the level of instruction and negligence to dental care in patients aged between 45 and 65 years of age, in the parish of San Sebastian in 2017. MATERIALS AND METHODS: The research approach is quantitative and casecontrol design, so it is descriptive. A convenience sampling method was used, with a total 455 people surveyed, of which 115 qualified for case and 115 for control. The research is part of the study on associated factors “Barriers to access to dental services in the City of Cuenca.” A data collection, the form was used to gather information, the form consists of 6 parts: the first includes general information about person, the second about the dental indifference according to the Nuttal Survey, the third about the negligence according to Thompson, the fourth about self-medication according to Andrea Cohni, the fifth includes anxiety according to Corah and the sixth about the person`s self-perception. RESULTS: The mean age was 54 years of the general sample (115 cases) and by sex, the mean age were 55-year- old for women and 53-year-old for men. There are 67 cases of negligence in women and in the same frequency those that are not. For men 48 negligent cases and 48 non-negligent cases were found. In percentage terms, the total of negligent and nonnegligent women added up to 58% while negligent and 58% non-negligent men added up to remaining 42% accordingly under the same condition. CONCLUSION: From the observer data we conclude that the relationship between the level of instruction and negligence is not significant with an Odds Ratio of 1.5975 in a 95% confidence interval (0,92-2,77).
Description: 
OBJETIVO: Relacionar el nivel de instrucción y la negligencia al cuidado dental en pacientes de edades comprendidas entre 45 a 65 años de edad, en la parroquia de San Sebastián en el año 2017. MATERIALES Y MÉTODOS: El enfoque investigativo es cuantitativo y el diseño de caso-control, por lo cual es de carácter descriptivo. La muestra fue calculada por conveniencia, con un total de 455 personas para la aplicación de encuestas. De los cuales 115 calificaron para caso y 115 para control. La investigación forma parte del estudio sobre factores asociados “Barreras para acceder a servicios odontológicos en la Ciudad de Cuenca.” Se utilizó una ficha para la recolección de datos, la cual consta de 6 partes: la primera que incluye los datos generales de la persona, la segunda sobre la indiferencia dental según la encuesta de Nuttall, la tercera es acerca de la negligencia según Thompson, la cuarta sobre la automedicación según Andrea Cohni, la quinta incluye ansiedad según Corah y la sexta sobre la autopercepción de la persona. RESULTADOS: La media de edad fue 54 años de la muestra general; por sexo, en el femenino es de 55 años y en el masculino, 53 años. Se registran 67 casos negligentes en mujeres y en la misma frecuencia, aquellos que no lo son; en cuanto al sexo masculino, 48 casos negligentes y 48 no negligentes. En términos porcentuales el 58% de mujeres fueron negligentes y 58% no negligentes; el 42% de hombres presentan equidad según la condición. CONCLUSIÓN: Se conoció que el nivel de instrucción en relación a la negligencia no es significativo con un Odds ratio 1,5975 siendo su índice de confianza 95% (0,92-2,77).
URI: http://dspace.ucacue.edu.ec/handle/reducacue/7707
Appears in Collections:Trabajo de Investigación - Facultad de Odontología

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
TESIS PARA EMPASTAR.pdf1.04 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.